Home Staging – Top Ten Reasons To Stage Your Home…
1. You Will Make More Money
U.S. Housing and Urban Development reports that a staged home will sell, on average, 17% higher than an un-staged home.
2. Your House Will Sell Faster which = Less Headaches and Hassle
The New York Village Voice reported that the average number of days an un-staged home is on the market is 30.9 versus 13.9 for a staged home.
3. The Cost of Staging Doesn’t Cost A Dime
In a 2003 Home Gain Survey of over 2000 Realtors, it was discovered that sellers who spent up to $1000 staging their home recovered almost 200% of the cost in the sale of their home.
4. Most Home Sellers Cannot View Their House Objectively
If you can’t see objectively, you can’t “package” effectively. Have a staging professional get your home into its most advantageous condition for showing.
5. Less Guesswork and “Do It Yourself”
A professional home stager can manage your projects from start to finish. Or, they can give you a detailed enough report based on their extensive knowledge and training to have you “do it yourself”.
6. Only 10% of Homebuyers Can Visualize the Potential of a Home
That’s why staging a home is critical! You don’t want the advantages of your home overlooked and left up to the buyer’s imagination.
7. The Longer Your Home is on the Market, the Lower the Price Will Be, so STAGE FIRST!
According to a National Association of Realtors survey, homes that sold after 4 weeks on the market sold for 6% less then ones within the first 4 weeks! Don’t be in a position where you have to lower your price…have your house staged.
8. The Money You Make May Be TAX FREE!
Take advantage of a possible tax-free capital gain by getting every dollar possible!
9. Leaving Your House in “AS IS” Condition Will Help Sell the Competition
Right now the number of homes for sale on the market is at a record high. Competition is stiff and buyers have very high expectations. Successful agents know that the key to selling competing is professional staging.
10. You Can Relax
You will have the satisfaction of knowing you have done absolutely everything possible to affect a quick sale of your most valuable commodity and for top dollar!